Monday, September 30, 2013

Unexpected

I sit around the house and see TV ads, online ads, flyers and direct mail. I sit in the car and hear radio ads, see billboard ads and bus ads. I am starting to think that people are just not trying anymore. I know that factually these ads are being seen and are doing their job by reaching appropriate goals for companies and consumers but come on people, they are BORING. Make a splash, I dont care if its for a small mom and pop shop, or an industry tycoon like McDonalds, do something that people will give that "double take" or "Deer in headlights" reaction to it. Lets start moving away from norm. Let's worry about entertaining the consumer instead of boring them with the same old words, pictures, themes and position.
Yes, I am in the industry and I know what to look for, but the consumer is getting smarter and quicker and they are learning how to ignore and to disregard.
When I get the chance, its going to be gloves off. The world is ready for a change and ready for something new and exciting. If anyone is out there and can read this and is saying to yourself "yes, that makes sense" while slowly growing a smile and gaining that aggressive need to follow the movement, then lets do it.
I dont have the power right now, but if someone does and wants to make these dreams become reality, I will fight for it.
If you make a campaign that even one person can ignore and does ignore then its failed. You have to MAKE them look, you have to shove it in their faces and give them no choice but to pay attention and enjoy it. We are essentially doing it for them, and the client, but still, the consumer is the life blood of everything we do and we should show them how important they are. No one wants to be bored to death and no one can be TOLD what to do. But, if its in their face and done right, they will always look.
Keep that in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment