Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Awww you dont like it?

One of the most frustrating things I have come across are people that are completely set in their ways that they are unable to open themselves to new ideas.
Just because YOU dont like it, doesnt mean it wont work. I cannot even begin to tell you how much that one line means to me. No matter if you are in school, industry or any where for that matter new ideas can bring success. If you try and follow one persons philosophy you probably will not go too far in this lovely profession we call advertising. I cant even count how many times I have heard:
"Well so and so liked to put a lot of description and words in his advertising and look how successful he became". Then I am expected to do all of my work to mimic that. Then the next person will tell me:
"Wow, can you believe this persons style, they make sure to keep the message simple and short with a great visual". So, now I am supposed to follow that method..... Give me a break people.
It is always said, "do not try and reinvent the wheel"which I can understand for most things but when it comes to the industry of advertising, if you do not try and reinvent then you might just bore people to death. Take one of the most sought after demographics, males and females between the ages of 18-25, you keep putting the same old message that is text heavy and descriptive in front of them then that message will be forgotten quicker than that a formula one car on the track.
Again, it always depends on who you work for, who your trying to talk to and what your trying to say, but PLEASE... I BEG YOU... Do your thing. What you want and what you can prove will work. At the end of the day, you need to feel good about the work that you did. If you do that, then success should be on its way.
Be yourself even if its bad, because there are always people out there who will respect you and like you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment