Monday, October 21, 2013

Confusion, the brand killer

When you look at the brands that have done it right ever since inception: Nike, Apple, Coke you think to yourself "how can anyone ever do it differently. But, there are people out there who feel they can be the innovators of change and bring on a new and improved way of branding. These brands are the ones that you don't really see around for very long. There is a difference between being different and causing mass confusion. I am the kind of person that would love nothing more than to come up with out side the box stuff every time i open my mouth but, I understand that consistency is whats best for business. Be different, be shocking or be controversial but do it consistently. Get people used to the kinds of messages you are sending out and they will always know its you. Don't from dark and scary to bright and happy in the blink of an eye because you will be doing more damage than good. Get yourself a personality and stick to it. It does not matter if other people (unless your boss) thinks that it wont work, if you believe in it, say you believe in it and show how strongly you believe in it, everyone else will follow. Your brand and your image will become your child and you will do anything to make sure that your child is successful. You can have the best creative ever, but if you cant explain why its the best creative ever then it will go unnoticed. Do not ruin someone else's hard, consistent work just because you had an off day. Make it yours and the success will be sure to follow.
I might not be an expert but when I believe in something I can always make it happen. I will not stray from what I want or what I believe in just because I am told to.
You have to MAKE them look.

No comments:

Post a Comment